The Township of Black River-Matheson has partnered with Service Line Warranties of Canada (SLWC) to offer eligible homeowners optional repair plans to help protect residents against potentially expensive emergency repairs to water service lines or well and sewer/septic lines on their private property.
Participation is optional and voluntary for homeowners. The program is solely managed by SLWC and uses no public funds. Residents will not be solicited in person or by phone. A homeowner who chooses to enroll in this program should do so with the knowledge that the Township of Black River-Matheson in no way warrants or is liable for the work or performance of SLWC.
Residential property owners are responsible for the water service and sewer lines on their private property. Optional Exterior Water Service Line, Exterior Sewer Line and Interior Plumbing & Drainage Coverage plans from SLWC can help protect BRM homeowners from potentially expensive repair costs due to breakdowns of major systems inside and/or outside their homes.
Residents who choose to sign up for a plan have access to these benefits:
- A repair hotline available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Pay $0 for covered repairs up to a benefit amount
- Repairs performed by an insured and licensed plumber
- One-year guarantee on covered repairs
Coverage Plans Available
Plans Available in the Township of Black River-Matheson:
- Exterior Water Service Line coverage - $5.75 + any applicable taxes
- Exterior Sewer/Septic Line coverage - $8.00 + any applicable taxes
Service Line Diagram
- Residents are Benefitting: residents are becoming more educated about their responsibilities with the water and sewer lines that service their homes.
- Common and Expensive Problem: Water and sewer line problems are common and expensive. Repairs to lines on homeowners’ property are typically not covered by basic homeowners insurance or by BRM and can be quite expensive.
- Peace of Mind: Coverage through SLWC offers BRM homeowners peace of mind. SLWC is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, including holidays. Repairs are given the highest priority and local, licensed, and approved contractors are dispatched to customers’ homes to make the necessary covered repairs — all with no callout fees or deductibles.
Trusted Partner: BRM has partnered with SLWC, part of HomeServe offering a program that is used by over 1000 cities, municipalities, and utilities across North America, including over 65 in Ontario. SLWC has been in business since 2014 and is accredited by the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating. SLWC and its parent, HomeServe, provide service to more than 4.7 million homeowners, and has performed more than 6 million repairs for customers, and received high ratings from customers receiving service.For more Information